Job Description: Project Engineer
Project Engineers are strong in all the most common and popular networking technologies. In addition to strong technical aptitudes, backed by at least 3 years of in the trenches experience, this person is a good communicator and has flexibility as needed for adjustments in projects. This person should be prompt and/or know the importance of communicating ETA’s and needs. This person should be skillful at pre-project/work-briefings understanding potential risks and communicating them to the team. This person should be able to execute successfully in integrating and/or solving problems in environments rich in Windows Server, Exchange, VPN’s, firewalls, backup systems and more.
TLC Tech prides ourselves in our culture, and strive to meet each of our core values each and every day: Teamwork, Accountability, Extraordinary, Enjoyable, and Growth. We are seeking an individual who has a strong desire to work in a long-term challenging environment, and wishes to grow in the next step of technology. We are seeking a good fit to our culture and who also strives to work with our partners on their current and future technology needs. This requires continuous education in future platforms as technology changes, and a good understanding of our partners and their goals.
Department: Project Department
Reports to: Project Manager
Primary Duties and Responsiblities
- Documentation of Client Networks
- Work closely with Project Manager for small and large projects, with the ability to coach others on larger projects. Projects include Office 365 migrations, server migrations and deployment, Azure, SharePoint, Line of Business migrations, workstation deployment, partner onboarding, and WiFi projects.
- Administration, including add/remove users and groups, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure and restore from backup.
- Configure file, print and remote access services
- Administration of enterprise e-mail application, including add/remove users and group, configure folder permissions if applicable, forward mail to other accounts, and add aliases
- Articulation of technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people
- Configuration of network equipment for switching, VLAN, routing, and SonicWALL firewall.
- Configuration of different RAIDs
- Provide Data Backup and Recovery Support and VPN connectivity support.
- Deploy VMware ESXi environment.
- Ability and willingness to recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others without unnecessarily burdening other team members
- Daily time entry accounting for at least 8 hours
- Time and Material service requests
- Takes ownership of tasks and follows through to ensure complete resolution
- Takes a personal interest in, and responsibility for, quality of work they perform or are associated with
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks
- Ability to deal effectively with stressful situations
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates for how long a task will take
- Understands that the success of individuals is measured by the success of their teams
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies through the use of self-study materials and intuition
- Enjoys helping people to the extent that no problem is considered mundane, no matter how simple the solution
- Is self-motivated and can be self-directed when necessary
- Willingness to jump in and help support our partners through ticket resolution on non-project work.
- Enjoys sharing information, supporting others, and working on a team to achieve team goals
Knowledge and Skillset Requirements
- Experience required with Windows desktop operating systems
- Understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
- Experience with routers and firewalls
- Experience with Terminal Services
- Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Understanding of DNS services
- Working Knowledge of Non-Cisco Firewall Technologies – SonicWALL, Linksys, NetGear
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Microsoft Azure experience a bonus
Credentials and Experience:
- Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience
- Network Server – Experience a must with Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016
- Experience deploying Enterprise Windows Server environments
- Experience with VMware ESXI environments
- PSA or RMM tools Experience
- Experience in Switching, VLAN, Routing, SonicWALL Firewall Support
- Experience in Mobile Messaging Technologies Support
- Experience in Server Hardware Technologies (CPU/RAID/SCSI) Support
- Consistently completes projects at within predetermined time constraints
- Has multiple certifications. The following certifications are preferred: MCITP, MCP, Project+, Network+, Apple
- Solid dependable engineer, follows directions and maximizes billing opportunities
- Consistently receives good client feedback
Pay: Range of $70K-$80K DOE