Technical Support Specialist, Level 3
Performs the generally required technical support for TLC Techs business partners where the primary responsibility is to provide advanced business, server and network support. Responsible for tracking and resolving all assigned support requests through effective decision making and problem solving skills.
Level 3 support technicians are expected to provide these services with a highest level of technical competency and independence, demonstrating experience and ability in multiple disciplines within IT.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolves support requests for TLC Techs business partners.
- Obtains necessary information to accurately describe the request or problem
- Tracks all requests assigned, ensuring they are responded to and resolved according to defined Service Level Agreements
- Provides follow up response to ensure partners are aware of the status of their issue and estimated time to response and completion
- Ensures information is entered on all assigned service requests, time entries and configurations in ConnectWise
- Completes detailed troubleshooting and research to identify the root cause of the problem
- Maintains ownership of technical issues, and takes responsibility for getting them resolved
- Mentors Level 1 and Level 2 technicians
- Provide technical consulting and advice to partners as requested
- Works with and/or manages 3rd party vendors to resolve application issues for TLC Tech partners.
- Provides on-call support during off hours. Responds to urgent server alerts and partner requests in a timely manner.
- Participation in TLC Tech Continuing Education Program
Knowledge and Skillset Requirements
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Enthusiasm for providing outstanding customer service
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Desire to develop professionally
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritise
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Highly organised, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Patience to solve technical problems with end users of varying technical aptitudes
- Expert Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Expert Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012
- Expert Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2016
- Expert Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Expert Remote Monitoring and Management System
- Intermediate SonicWALL Firewall
- Intermediate VMware vSphere
- Intermediate Network switches and topology
- Intermediate Dell Server Administration
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Customer service-centric working environment, interacting with a diverse group of partners. On-call status and overtime may be required as needed. Ability to work under pressure to solve technical issues in a timely manner is required.
Physical and mental ability to operate in an office environment is essential. Ability to carry, push, pull and/or lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis required. Frequent and prolonged exposure to computer CRT’s is necessary. Must be able to work at multiple partner sights where crawling under desks and tables to service equipment is required.
Prerequisites (Education, Experience, Specialised Knowledge and Skills, Certifications, Licenses, etc.)
- Experience: 3 years of experience in a MSP environment or 5 years of IT Experience
- Certification and/or Licenses: Minimum of two current Microsoft certifications (at least 1 server) are required or the ability to attain them within one year.
- TLC Tech Skill set: Expert Knowledge in at least 75% of Hardware, Server, and Networking technologies, and Intermediate knowledge in at least 75% of Peripheral and Server technologies.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and proof of any current technical certifications. Your cover letter should emphasis your customer service and MSP experience, and detail a time when you had to provide extraordinary service under a tight deadline. If you have deep knowledge and experience supporting particular Line of Business applications, please highlight that as well. Please submit by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org