How Do I Change My Views in Outlook (Multiple Options)
Would you like to find a view in Outlook that is tailored to your specific needs? This brief tutorial quickly shares how you can access the various display settings within Outlook.
How Can You Change Your Inbox View in Outlook?
By Selecting a Different Existing View:
- Click the View tab on the Ribbon to change the inbox view.
- Next, click the Change View button in the Current View group.
- Choose one of the views listed in the menu that will appear to apply them to your inbox. You can choose from several options, including Compact, Preview, or Single views. The default is the Compact view.
- If you’d like to edit existing views or create a new custom view, click on Manage Views on the menu that appears to open the Manage All Views dialogue box.
Creating a New Custom View:
- Click on the New button on the right-hand side of the dialogue box to create a new view.
- The Create a New View dialogue box will appear. Input a name for the view into the Name of New View textbox.
- Choose the type of view you would like to create, for example, Table, Timeline, Card, People, Business Card, Day/week/month, or Icon.
- Click the options button to select who should see this new view, for example, This folder, visible to everyone, This folder, visible only to me, or All Mail and Post Folders
- To launch the Advanced View Settings dialogue box, click the OK button. There are seven buttons on this dialogue box that you can click to set options for your view. However, depending on your chosen base view type, some of the buttons may not be available.
By Adding Columns to the View:
- In the Advanced View Settings dialogue box, click the Columns button to add columns to the view. This will open the Show Columns dialogue box.
- Set the Maximum number of lines in compact mode by using the drop-down on the right-hand side of that label.
- Next, use the Select available columns from the drop-down in the top left corner to select a set of fields to display on the left list.
- Select the fields you’d like to add to your new view from the left list and click the Add button to add them to the list on the right.
- If you’d like to change the position of newly added fields, select them on the list on the right and click on the Move Down and Move Up buttons until they’re in the desired position.
- After adding and organizing the fields, click OK.
By Grouping Items In the View:
- Click the Group By button to open the Group By dialogue box and Group the items in your new view.
- Next, click the drop-down under Group Items and choose a field in which to group the items. You may choose up to four fields.
- Select whether to group them in Ascending or Descending order by selecting a setting option on each grouped field’s right end.
- Click OK once you’re done to set the grouping for your view.
Changing the View’s Default Sort Order:
- Click the Sort button to open the Sort dialogue box and set how items are sorted by default in the view.
- Use the Select available fields from the drop-down list at the bottom of the dialogue box to choose the set of fields from which to select the sorting fields.
- To indicate by which field to sort the view, use the drop-downs under the Sort Items by and Then by sections. You may sort by a maximum of four fields.
- You may sort these fields in Descending or Ascending order by choosing your desired option on the right end of each field.
- Click OK to set the sorting for your view once you’re done.
Looking to Get the Most Reliable Outlook Support in Sacramento?
Our experienced Office 365 specialists at TLC Tech are eager to help you find a view on Outlook that meets your unique needs.
Contact us now to get started | (916) 441-3838 Reach out to TLC Tech Now.