Microsoft SharePoint: The Overlooked Gem in Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 is an incredibly popular suite of productivity apps that’s even more commonly used now that everyone is working from home. Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint are widely known and loved – and for good reason. SharePoint, on the other hand, isn’t as long-standing and familiar to most people. In fact, many are hesitant to try it out and see how it works. Unfortunately, this means many are missing out on a fantastic file sharing service – and maybe you are too.
SharePoint offers tons of great capabilities and features, some of which even people who use it frequently aren’t taking full advantage of. In our latest webinar, we covered this and more – helping you become more efficient while using this file sharing service. Take a look…
What is Microsoft SharePoint?
SharePoint is designed to allow you to share files as the name implies. But more than that, you can collaborate, edit, and more with any device from any location. Files aren’t owned or associated with one specific person. Instead, everyone on the team or group has read and write access. In short, it’s a cloud-based platform that lets you back up, store, retrieve, and collaborate on:
- And much more
Plus, it seamlessly integrates with other more popular products and has the capacity to be configured for a range of workflows.
Why Should You Consider Using SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint offers a number of key features and benefits:
- Centralized resources in a shared platform: You can integrate the platform with other products in the suite, as well as third-party applications.
- More user-friendly: The integration with other products in the suite allows employees to operate with the browsers, email, and other applications they already know and love.
- Simplified file access: You can facilitate file-based data collaboration between shareholders within your company or with clients through permission-based access.
- Greater business intelligence: SharePoint can be combined with business intelligence to help you leverage data visualization tools for making more informed choices.
- Fully compliant design: Auditing policies, storage protocols, and security settings within the platform make it simpler for you to stay compliant with industry standards.
- Improved ability to automate processes: Gather data and automatically funnel it into backend systems – avoiding redundant work processes and manual mistakes.
When Should You Use Microsoft SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint is a perfect choice if you want to:
- Provide your team with complete access to a number of documents from any device or location.
- Give ownership and permission to a wide range of people – anywhere from a single team, to multiple groups, to your entire company.
- Save time by granting a number of permissions at once instead of going manually document by document.
Want To Learn More About Microsoft Apps?
TLC Tech will be holding webinars like the one above every other Wednesday! CLICK HERE to access our on-demand library of past webinars to learn more.