Check Out These 8 Free Ways To Have Fun While Spending Time At Home During The Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has given most of us more time at home than we’d like. Once you’re done with your work-from-home to-do list, what are you supposed to do to pass the time?
Without travel, amusement parks, bars, or restaurants, filling your free time isn’t as easy as it used to be. That’s why we’ve put this list together – try passing the time online with one of these activities.
8 Activities To Pass The Time
- Visit A Virtual Museum: Many museums have arranged for virtual tours online for the duration of the pandemic. CLICK HERE to check out the available options.
- Visit A Natural Park: Thanks to Google Earth and Google Arts & Culture, you can explore all 32 of the country’s national parks. CLICK HERE to see the full list.
- Take A 360-Degree Tour Of Disney Amusement Parks: Using Google Street View, you can visit Disneyland and Disney World, without having to pay the ticket price or wear a mask.
- Test Your Knowledge: Big Drop Brewing Co. has launched a weekly virtual bar trivia game, and you can tune in and play from the comfort of your own home.
- Attend An Ivy League School: Harvard and other Ivy League institutions have launched free online courses in a range of topics, letting homebodies learn and enrich themselves.
- Check Out An Animal Livestream: Zoos and aquariums across the country have started streaming footage of their most favored residents.
- Visit The 7 Wonders Of The World: Google Arts & Culture, in addition to providing access to natural parks and museums, also gives you the chance to “walk” around iconic destinations like the Taj Mahal in New Delhi, India, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France, or even the Sydney Opera House in Australia.
- Take Part In Meditation And Group Therapy: Mental health is an ongoing priority for us all, but especially at a time like this. There are a number of resources made available online to help everyone stay level and connected.
While you may not be able to spend your time the same way you would have this time last year, that doesn’t mean that you have to be bored or unengaged. Take advantage of the experiences offered to you in the virtual space and have a little fun.