Useful Website Of The Month: Check A Website’s Reputation With URLVoid.com
Not sure if a website is safe to visit? Check its reputation on URLVoid.com before you click the link.
How do you know if a website is safe to visit before you visit it?
It’s an important question to consider — Google detects between 600 – 800 dangerous websites every week. How can you be sure the link you’re about to click isn’t going to take you to a malware-infected webpage?
How Does URLVoid.com Work?
This service allows you to check potentially malicious websites before you visit them.
If you’re ever unsure about a link that was emailed to you, run it by URLVoid.com first to make sure it’s safe to visit.
URLVoid features include:
- Blacklists Cross-Referencing: URLVoid analyzes a website by cross-referencing more than 30 blacklist engines and online website reputation services. This ensures the website isn’t associated with any known cybersecurity incidents, scams, phishing campaigns, or malware.
- Threat Analysis: URLVoid is a key tool for cybersecurity teams, constituting an important part of the threat analysis process, allowing you to benefit from trusted sources’ cybersecurity research.
- Safety Report Review: URLVoid allows you to view a website’s safety report, which includes the names of blacklists used for scanning, as well as additional details such as the website’s IP address, domain creation date, and server location.
Make URLVoid.com A Part Of Your Email Security
Did you know that 65% of organizations in the US have been hit by phishing?
Even if you haven’t been hit, you’ve definitely been a target. There are simply too many phishing emails being sent every day for you to avoid it.
Back in April, Google blocked 240 million phishing emails related to COVID-19 in one week alone.
One of the most common ways phishing emails succeed is by including a dangerous hyperlink. Whether the cybercriminal changes the hyperlink text to make it seem safe or redirects the link to a spoofed domain that looks safe, in either case, it’s a dangerous website that puts the target at risk.
URLVoid.com is a simple way to double-check any and all hyperlinks that show up in emails you’re unsure of. Here’s how:
- You get an email from an unknown sender, or an email that seems suspicious in another way (poor spelling/grammar, odd request, etc.)
- The email includes a hyperlink to a website.
- You copy the link URL and submit it to URLVoid.com
- URLVoid.com tells you whether the site is safe to visit or not.
Always Check Before You Click!
Don’t put your computer or your company’s entire IT systems at risk by visiting a site you’re unfamiliar with. Double-check that it’s safe before your click — use URLVoid.com.
Like this article? Check out the following blogs to learn more: